Friday, September 17, 2010

You were bitten by the beast. You bear his mark now.

~ The Wolfman

Ok, show of hands. Who has seen the movie? And now who still wants to see it? And now those that are to scared. Yup, that would be me. Poor Reed would not get a good night sleep for days while I take over the bed with some well placed martial art moves in my dreams. I swear I could catch a fly alive with chopsticks while I sleep.
The previews are enough for me. My friend Martina is here from Germany and we are watching all the cool Comcast on Demand shows she will be able to see home next year. And each show seems to have each own ad. So we have seen this poor beast with wide open eyes, his fingers bending unnaturally, him having no control over his body and being tossed in ice water over and over again. I feel sorry for him. I feel for him. Especially as my right hand just joined in. WTF! Is this real? My hand cramps up and I can just not believe that my ring finger can bend this way. Martina's eyes are now wide open and staring at me. I am spechless. I can just look at my hand and keep breathing.
We had so many plans for her vacation. We were supposed to leave for Chicago last Wednesday. Fireworks at the Navy Pier. Burger at the Hard Rock Cafe, sharing a deep dish at the Uno and than some good old Blues in the House! Maybe the Shedd the next day. Or the park. Depending on the weather. Than off to Minneapolis. Found a hotel downtown, close to the Hard Rock. Shop till we drop at the Mall of America. Bubba Gump Shrip. Girls got to eat :)
Duluth by Saturday night, meeting up with Reed and celebrating Dan and Kates wedding!! THIS will be sooo awesome! I am so looking forward to seeing them and just making their day as special as humanly possible.
Monday Reed will drive home and we will scout around the UP. Hotel and Picture Rock boat tour found and bookmarked. Mackinac Fudge and little store where we will by finger nail polish that changes color in sunlight here we come. Hanging around the Black Fin in Royal Oak and than Following Ben Stillers and Bones footsteps in the Smithsonian.
Bam. Instead I bet she is thinking about how to get me to the ER. We will take the Mini, way more fun to drive. She has been driving me to several CT & MRI scans, appointments and all the radiation treatments. What would I do without her? I have no idea. We have been hugging, crying, laughing, joking and bitching about all the news and support and also bullshit that flew my way the last week or so.
And my hand is fine again. This had had to hurt but I do not remember if it actually did. Freaky.
We're at the airport, Martina goes back home. My mom came yesterday.

Me: 'You were bitten by the beast.'


Martina: 'You bear his mark now.'


We both do. Hugz, I will miss her.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad your Mom is there. Wish I were closer to help out. Lily would definitely make you smile. Chin up, keep fighting and retain your great sense of humor. Miss seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on honey, just hang on. We miss you at class on Wednesdays, everyone is sending you their love and prayers. You are strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in California this week. You keep popping into my thoughts. Just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete