Friday, September 3, 2010

Holy Shit.

OK. I am in a little shit here. Kinda in the deep end again. Back to square one. Part B I guess.
There are like 25 (!) brain tumors in my head. Most of them smaller than 1cm. Two big ones on the left and right top side. Many of them in the back but they are pretty much all over the place. How else do you fit 25 tumors in a brain?!? Is there space for a brain left??
So whole brain radiation. I had my second dose today. Good that they already made my mask on Wednesday. Each session is just 10mins long, way shorter and so far easier on me than those 14 chemos.
Oh yeah, I also failed the seizure test. No more driving for me for 6 months. Or some sports alone like swimming for example. I am going to loose my hair again. And my short term memory will go to shit. Expect to be a little slower, it will take you longer to solve your Sudoku, but you will still be able to do it. Sure.. Who forgets numbers 1 to 9?
I think I am done for today. I have to sort and recollect myself I guess. I can do this.

3 comments:

  1. Alex: I can't get you off my mind. My heart hurts . . . I pray that you stay strong and that you continue to be surrounded by people who can be strong for you when you just need to take a break from it all. Please include me on your list of people you can count on -- day or night -- to come to your aid. You are a special person who has touched my soul in ways that I could not put into words. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex I want you to know that we are all here for
    you! Anything at all that I can do for you I will. When you want to go to Gilda's I can come and get you, call me at 571-277-6191. Much love to you. This too you will get through and be stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, you always have had to do things big, even cancer!;-) Trying to use humor as a distraction! It works in my world. One thing you have is faith! You have already fought cancer in away most people can't! Trust God, stay focused, no that you are loved and supported! Tell me what I can do for you!!We will be praying for your recovery and victory! We have a roof date to keep! Love you! Pauline

    ReplyDelete