Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One more to go.

I will have one more brain zappings. Than all fourteen are done. Can't wait to stay home all day Thursday. The last one was actually not as uncomfortable as the other ones. My skin is a little burned, sore and tense from the Radiation. But my mask they put on my face to clamp me down on the table was so fresh and cool that it took me less time to relax and endure the 7ish minutes I have to lay still. There is some buzzing, bright lights going on and off and the smell of Ozone. Than the machine drives around my head and it zaps the other half of the brain.

Three to four nurses/technicians come back in, two take the mask of and help me to sit up slowly. The towel and rubber band around my feet are gone somewhere in between and I already did hand over that nice soft blue ring I had in my hands a couple seconds ago. A joke that they just have one more chances to bedazzle my cool Tigers cap, glasses on, short check in the mirror and I am out again.

I also saw my Doc and Nurse today. He is really happy about my reactions to the radiation and will see me in two months again, after an MRI. He also gave me the address for a place to buy the best apple fritters ever and I just might post it here later. After I tried them. Just making sure there are not all sold out when I make it there. It's a little place, what can I say?

My Nurse Chris gave me three different cremes which feel wonderful on my skin. Moisturizer, Healing and Anti-Itch. Just the scalp is a little tricky. Most of the hair is gone, GI Jane to Cow Pattern in two days. Annoying. All should just go bye-bye at the same time. One shower, done. But - the Scotch Lint Roller works actually really good. Not too much pull and it gives you the satisfaction to be in charge. No more shedding for the next two hours or so and I have some peace. It is cut really really short and still, can't wait to have it all gone. Going to put a massive layer of cool goodness all over my head without having to pick hairs of my noise, chin or wherever those little buggers manage to paste themselves to.

So if you hear something today at 3pm, that will be me ringing the Big Brass Bell.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex!
    Thanks for sharing your blog with me! We will keep in touch! You are a tough cookie, hang in there!!! xoxo

    ~Hellen

    ReplyDelete