Monday, July 11, 2011

Have you ever felt so out of place that the smile on your face was to keep from cryin'

~ Happiness is, The Verve Pipe.  My verve pipe.

When your doctor says something like "Oh, Reed is not with you today.." there is nothing good following that statement. I just had my brain MRI and this does not look honky dory.

My seven brain tumors grew but there are no new ones. One of them is close to my brain stem but all the others are in a good location. The planned treatment: Gamma Knife. Zapping those pesty little tumors individually instead of the whole brain again does not sound too bad. But they will have to fixate a funny metal halo on my head. It will be screwed to my skull and that does sound quite uncomfortable. At least it will be a one day deal with no planned overnight at the hospital. And all remaining tumors should be gone after the procedure.

I held myself pretty good together at the doctors. He eyed me a couple times showing me the pictures of the tumors and how they grew. I think he wondered how much information I could take and obtain because he offered that Reed could call him the next day to talk about it as well. With a smile on my face, four appointments for various tests and new doctors, a new prescription and a "Ok, I am fine, we can do this!" I left the office. In the car I took a deep breath - I just have to get home. Lunch out and shopping cancelled. Off the Mini went, music loud enough so I could not hear myself think. Reed had already called but I will wait to be home to call him back.

That was a good idea, because when I called him he asked me how the visit went. 'Not so good', blurred  'They grew' and nothing understandable after that was all he got. He was home 15 minutes later. Oh boy.

I am feeling better now, the CT and bone scan were good, so no tumor growth anywhere else. We went up to the cottage, the boat is in the water and we have a cool new deck. Nancy and Beth came for a visit and we had a great time.

The procedure will be on Friday the 15th. The day the last Potter comes out. Hm, I could see it at midnight before..

No comments:

Post a Comment